Till Labor Day
New York   212-717-0149
Los Angeles   310-745-1010
© copyright 2016, Munder Skiles, LLC
DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION
Our high-end garden furniture firm is seeking a Director of Administration (DA) to play an integral role in the management and organizational strength of our company. Reporting directly to the Owner, the DA will oversee all aspects of the business from our home office in Garrison, NY. The home office includes an indoor/outdoor garden showroom, company administrative functions as well as sales and production support. There are also showrooms in New York City and Los Angeles. You will be directly responsible for managing 3 to 5 employees in Garrison and also liaising with sales staff (an additional 5 to 6 people) in Los Angeles, Chicago and New York City.
This job is exciting and fast paced. It changes by the hour so you must be flexible and adept to the changing needs of a small company. Munder Skiles is a small firm with a big reputation for doing exceptional work. You will be responsible for providing strength and stability to our home office while also working with the Director of Sales and Operations Manager to collaborate on ‘bigger picture’ projects. Qualified candidates must have a team first mentality, acute attention to detail, the ability to manage people effectively, the ability to utilize existing systems while striving to constantly improve, excellent verbal and communication skills, a strong ability to multi-task, and empathy for the owner as well as fellow employees.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage office employees
• Maintain office and showroom standards and delegate responsibilities effectively
• Support bookkeeping and budgeting activity
• Meet with Sales, Operations and Production staff regularly to ensure effective communication between all company departments
• Oversee all Human Resources as well as Infrastructure Systems (IT, telephones, computers, printers, etc.)
• Ensure best practice policies are followed and respected by all team members
• Develop team members to the best of their abilities through mentorship and good management
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or at least 8-10 years of management experience
• Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and QuickBooks
• Ability to lift and move furniture
• Desire to learn and absorb knowledge about the products that we sell
• Understanding the importance of cross training, especially in a small business
• Acute attention to detail, well-organized, and the ability to meet frequent deadlines and changing priorities
• High-level critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving
• Understanding of basic accounting principles
• Sense of humor and humility
• Understanding the challenges and rewards of working at a small business
• Spanish language skills a plus
• Graphics and computer skills a plus (Adobe, Website Management)
• Excellent benefits package includes full medical and dental, 401(K), potential bonus structure, and opportunities for career growth.
• Interested Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with “Director of Administration” as the subject line.
you are here:
Careers DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATIONN